My Mountain Trail

Starting From Scratch

Saturday, March 7, 2009

66/365 - Break time.


66/365 - Break time., originally uploaded by panodanno.

Here is a picture of the cycling scene in Pt. Reyes Station today. What do you suppose a cyclist on a 60 mile ride through the coastal California hills does when they get a break in a town with an awesome bakery. The bakery is the Bovine Bakery. My favorite is a Blondie. Others like the morning buns. We all like the coffee.

BTW, I only rode 53 miles. Lori rode w/ her friends through all the little towns going out to the coast. I don't really like all the traffic and wasted time at red lights, so I rode up the coast and met them. We timed it perfectly which was great.

I felt fine, Lori was super strong. Her friends bonked at Stinson Beach and she ended up driving back to pick them up. That under 40 crowd just can't keep up w/ us oldies.

Oh yeah, my Brooks saddle is the bomb. Nicely broken in, let me tell you.

No comments: