My Mountain Trail

Starting From Scratch

Thursday, May 21, 2009

141/365 - Old is Good


141/365 - Old is Good, originally uploaded by panodanno.

Steve Larsen, a very talented cyclist and mult-sport athlete from Bend, OR died during a workout this past Tuesday. He was 39. The cause is not known yet, but it apparently was more than just a heart attack.

We're talking one super fit individual here. He placed as high as 9th in the Ironman world championships in Hawaii. But that was not enough.

Steve's death is a loss to the community and devastating for his family (including five children). Our hearts and prayers go out to/for them.

So, on reflection, I'm good with these wrinkles. No botox or face lifts needed here. Old is definitely good.

I'm not too sure I'm happy with those crazy eyebrows though...

2 comments:

Hal said...

I thought the photo was of Pierre Schlesinger.

Mt. Tamalpais Woodworks said...

Most people make that mistake when they see my double, er, triple chin...