My Mountain Trail

Starting From Scratch

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Alpine Reservoir is full.


Alpine Reservoir is full., originally uploaded by panodanno.

Alpine Reservoir is on my way to work when I ride my bike. It is often just as still as can be early in the morning.

Yesterday it was smokey with fog, but my battery was dead. Should have had the Minister D with me. But I digress...

There may be a drought in California (or at least fear of one), but this reservoir is full. That doesn't mean they all are of course, but there was a lot of water flowing over the dam towards Kent Reservoir. So, Marin County is moving the water around, and hopefully we will get close to full.



70/365 - Traffic was crazy today.

This was just one turkey of many I had to deal with on my commute today. This time of year the big toms strut their stuff for the ladies. This guy was fully fluffed and fanned when I rode by. Since I was going down a pretty steep hill, I had to stop, pull out my camera, and ride back up. By the time I got there, he was folding up shop and heading for the weeds for breakfast w/ the girls.


I saw another bunch of toms on top of Mt. Tamalpais, but they were just doing the tom-thing, trying to figure out who was going to be Top Tom. Hopefully I'll catch them strutting on another day.

No comments: